When you go to West Seattle …

WP_20150926_17_54_33_ProYesterday I had the chance to do something I don’t get to do very often.

We dropped our daughter off at Emerald City Trapeze for a Student Show (that’s the topic of another post).and had a little bit of time to kill. We decided to take the 10 minute drive from SoDo to Alki. It was a great evening to enjoy the sunset, smell the fires on the beach, and do a little sightseeing.

West Seattle is AWESOME!

It’s not a surprise … there is a lot to do in West Seattle. A lot of people live there and swear they would never live anywhere else. I can see why.

My son and his friends at O’Dea call this part of Seattle … The West.

The West is Awesome. It reminds my wife and I a lot of the Newport Beach area of Southern California, where we are from. We could see ourselves living here.

  • Music – Just above the Alki Surf Shop there was a band playing. They were really good.
  • Food – There is fast food and fine dining. Take your pick … and enjoy the scenery, the people watching … and the sunset.
  • Shopping – Great local shops are hawking their wares. Get some!

While The West is not in my immediate home town I still like to Shop Local and I consider it to be part of my extended Seattle Shop Local scene.

Below are the steps leading up to The Alki Surf Shop. A fun, eclectic shop right on the main drag of Alki Ave. In case you can’t tell it’s fun … just look at the steps leading up to the shop and just outside the front door. If you make it to The West … make sure you stop by.

Full Disclosure: I’m a lifelong surfer AND friends own this shop.

WP_20150926_18_00_33_Pro

WP_20150926_18_00_17_Pro

WP_20150926_18_00_44_Pro

I’d like to share a few things I saw in The West. Please feel free to share your thoughts and pics of what you have seen in West Seattle.

I have come to a decision …

I’m going to do this more often.

Comments